Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tornados again

As most of you know, April 27th 2011 was a horrible day for the state of Alabama, tornadoes ripped through the state killing hundreds and injuring even more. Many people were left homeless and had nothing but the clothes on their back. These kind of things make me so sad, I live 30min from Tuscaloosa and my parents live in Hueytown about 5min from where the tornado hit Concord and about 10min from  Pleasant Grove. So when the weather man started talking about more tornadoes on January 22, I was scared! I woke up at 3am to my phone ringing,it was my sister-in-law telling me to call my parents because the tornado was headed towards Hueytown. I didn't fall back asleep until 6am,by that time it had hit Oak Grove, Centerpoint,Clay,and I think other areas. My mind kept thinking how devastating this was and how it had not even been Nine months since the tornadoes in April. My heart hurts so bad for these people,and I even had a mutual friend and her family lose their home and cars. Sometimes we start to wonder why these bad things happen, but all I can think of when I start questioning is OUR GOD IS GOOD AND HE IS GOOD ALL THE TIME! It reminds me of a song called THROUGH THE FIRE

So many times I’ve questioned certain circumstances
Or things I could not understand
Many times in trials, weakness blurs my vision
And my frustrations get so out of hand
It’s then I am reminded I’ve never been forsaken
I’ve never had to stand the test alone
As I look at all the victories, the Spirit rises up in me
It’s through the fire my weakness is made strong

And He never promised the cross would not get heavy and the hill would not be hard to climb
He never offered victory without fighting but He said help would always come in time
Just remember when you’re standing in the valley of decision and the adversary says give in
Just hold on, our Lord will show up and He will take you through the fire again

I know within myself that I would surely perish
But if I trust the hand of God, He’ll shield the flames again

And He never promised the cross would not get heavy and the hill would not be hard to climb
Just hold on, our Lord will show up and He will take you through the fire again
Just hold on, our Lord will show up and He will take you through the fire again

So when we become frustrated to why these things have hammered our State two times within the last Nine months, we can always remember that we are not alone and our Lord is right by our side helping us through.

The Christian Service Mission has set up a page for donations you can click HERE to donate.

They have agreed to donate $25.00 to the Christian Service Mission for every blog post written by someone who was directly or indirectly impacted by the 2011 and/or 2012 tornadoes. You don't even have to live in Alabama!
 All you have to do is write the post (go here  for instructions), then comment on their page and let them know about your post. Their goal is to donate $1,000 by March 1!

This is a great way to help the state of Alabama

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that beautiful reminder! And for helping out by blogging.

    ReplyDelete