Friday, July 1, 2011

Harpers hospital trip

On Monday Harper started to run a fever so I treated her with motrin and Tuesday I took her to the dr, they said it was viral and just to watch her. Tuesday night she didn't sleep well and her fever was around 103, I treated her with Tylenol and Motrin hoping she would feel better by morning. Thursday morning she had a slight temp but felt much better after I gave her some Tylenol, we went to Lowe's to get some paint for the house and while we were there she started to get chills and turned a little blue(she had done this twice on Tuesday) I got her in the car and called her dr. During the time I was waiting on the nurse to return my call she became very lethargic and continued to turn blue, the nurse called and said for me to take her to the ER. It took us about 30 min to get there but once we got her out of the car she became more responsive, her temp was 103.2 and her heart rate was over 200. They did a chest X-ray, blood work, EKG, spinal tap and gave her fluids and antibiotics. On Thursday they determined he had a UTI, but still decided to do more blood cultures to determine the reason for her turning blue. She still continues to run a fever, but is feeling much better..we hope to fond out more tomorrow.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment